Thursday, May 29

In Colorado!

Some photos from the ride:


The bus was so packed at one point that people were sitting on the floor


How Nick passed about 90% of the time, playing Pokemon.


Waiting to leave in Tulsa OK


Right at the border of NM and CO, see the mountain peaks in the distance?

After spending about two days on a greyhound bus, I am super excited to be at Sonlight! It was strange, I never really came to terms with the fact that I was actually going until I reached the Durango bus stop & Heidi, the camp director, was picking me up. The trip wasn't too bad; actually, I would do it again.. some highlights of the bus ride were: people watching in Chicago (lots of amish people ride the bus), seeing the St. Louis arch & the Mississippi River, driving through New Mexico (beautiful scenery), and eating a real sandwich. The only downsides were when me and Nick didn't get to sit together, so I was trying to sleep next to some random guy form Chicago to St. Louis, and that was kind of awkward. Another con was the food. It was super nasty and nothing ever sounded good so I think I ate like some vending machine crackers and a muffin.
Anyways on to where I am now. Its beautiful! The mountains are gorgeous, the stars are awesome (I saw three shooting stars when we were in the hot tub tonight) and the weather is nice too. Everyone here is making me feel really welcome and right at home. I feel SO BLESSED that everything is working out. I think thats why I never really got too nervous about it, it was just God taking care of everything.
I am SUPER tired, so I'm going to head to bed. 

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Glad you made it and are enjoying the camp. Hot tub, wow! That must have felt great after busing it for two days. God always takes care of us and is awesome.

Great pics!! Can't wait to see more. By the way, do they have wireless there?

Enterprise Micro Solutions said...

Glad you got there safely and fairly uneventfully! Sounds like an awesome area. I can't wait to get out there this summer. I think the blog idea is working out well. Please make sure to keep it updated with new pics. If you have a decent Internet connection, Install Skype so you can make skype to skype calls back to MI.

Have fun and take care.

-D