Friday, July 18

The People Around Me

No matter what anyone says about themselves, we are all influenced by people who we spend a substantial amount of time with. 

There are a few people here who I am completely grateful for. First of all Mary Marugg, one of the camp directors, is one of the most amazing women I have ever met. She has inspired me to be quiet, and instead of running my mouth I should lead by example. She has taught me gentleness and the impact a quiet spirit can make by actions alone. She pours herself into anything and is constantly putting herself aside to help these kids by either cooking, being in the office, working on the website, or being the camp nurse... she's amazing.
An 68 year old maintenance man from Texas, Charlie, is impacting the 19 and twenty something year old staff here in ways that are unimaginable. Who says that the older have nothing relevant or in common with our generation? Charlie works harder than anyone I know, he always has an incredible attitude and has a multitude of advice that he blesses us with. He always shares with us his own life lessons that he has learned by his personal experience and mistakes and tells us constantly the importance of our heavenly Father in our lives. I've adopted him as my honorary grandpa... he loves to fish, too.

This summer has been great; but I'm not saying its been easy or tear-free, its been hard work, frustrating at times, and stressful. But some people here have led by example and shown me love that is overflowing from their Father. 

Peace Out

0 comments: