Friday, July 11

Texan Catholics

Our rental group this week consists of very Texan catholic teenagers, a few chaperones, and their priests. Its been a crazy week, pretty good for the most part... and the group is really nice. I'm learning a lot about the lone star state and getting called M'am quite often. Its been really fun to have everyone together on support.. its gonna be sad when we are split between support and counseling again.

I got to work a lot in the kitchen this week. It was really awesome. I really enjoy working in there. Next week I'm on support again & I'll get to help Mary out in the kitchen again. Besides the kitchen, I've been a construction/maintenance girl. Its been so cool! I helped fix the cattle fence for a little bit today and learned how to use a wench. This week I've also split tons of wood with a hydraulic wood splitter, learned how to start a tractor, and used a router to make a sign for our cabin... which is now named "The Closet" because of its size and the fact that me and Katie have so much clothing. We saved a cool looking branch from the wood splitter to paint and make into a totem pole, so thats what our sign is now attached to. Its so awesome.
This week I've really concentrated on working hard. In my devo about a month ago Oswald Chambers said that "Drudgery is the touchstone of character, we are not meant to be illuminated versions, but the stuff of ordinary life exhibiting the marvel of the grace of God."
Basically, shining for God is in the small stuff: washing dishes, doing laundry, fixing miles of fence and splitting wood... so I've been trying to really practice that.
I think this weekend we are going waterfall/cliff jumping in Durango, and whatever that entails.
I love you all very much!

Peace

p.s. Check out the "whats new" page at sonlights website.. there are some pictures from the week on there. :-)

1 comments:

Teresa said...

Glad your week went well. You are learning alot of things there. Sounds like fun, but hard work. Are you going to be doing photos again? We are leaving to go to Port Huron tommorrow. Should be fun. Wish you were here to enjoy it with us. See you in a few weeks. Keep the faith....

Love you, mom